Our one-day butter workshop will offer an opportunity to “play” with an assortment of carrier oils and butters from plants, fruits, seeds, and much more to create “Whipped Butters” made without
beeswax. Beeswax is a staple in body butter products, creams and lotions for its stability and keeping products from becoming liquid.
However, for various reasons, we may not wish to use beeswax because:
- Some people may have allergies
- Some people may be vegan
- Sometimes we just don’t want to use it…period, even though we love it!
This approach an alternative to these considerations
Our fun and exciting butter workshops are popular among Aromatherapists, massage therapists, skin care professionals, your ‘Sweetie’ and absolutely YOU! The skin nourishing properties of many known and less known natural liquid oils and solid butters will be a focus for the “carriers” or “base” products. We may then add Essential Oils for further therapeutic support. Healthy skin and hair, and immune health are supported by these beneficial carriers.
In this special Non’ Your Beez Wax butters workshop we will explore:
- A variety of solid and liquid carriers for hair and skin.
- Texture, which, is an important element in products used on the skin and hair.
- Properties of carrier oils/butters like Jojoba, Avocado, Shea, Coconut, Cocoa butter, Kpangnan, Palm and other oils … to create a variety of organic, nourishing body butters.
- How they behave when we mix different carrier oils/butters together.
- What therapeutic qualities are associated with each choice of carrier oils/butters.
- The art of blending them with essential oils is especially nourishing and fun.
- Students make a variety of butters to take home and enjoy.
This is a day of hands-on activities making butters class for massage, dry skin, scars, inflammation, chest rubs and more. We will “whip” up butters for a variety of therapeutic considerations which can be used with or without essential oils.
Students will take away a wonderful assortment of samples to use personally, along with the knowledge gained in class, to create your own “Whipped Butters” at home.
No previous experience is required. The class is for beginners and for those seeking to improve their body butter blending techniques.
This class is available for 7 CEU’s for LMT’s.
Tuition: $150 (includes all materials/supplies for the class, manual and refreshments.) If payment is NOT paid, registration for this workshop is NOT confirmed.
Date: 2017 Class Dates TBA*
Time: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY (directions provided upon your registration)
*Please contact AromaEducators with any comment or questions you may have. Thank you!